The church, built in the 16th century, possibly over the site of an old mosque, took a long time, almost three hundred years, to build. It has an outstanding facade, with plateresque decoration.Inside, the main altarpiece is pine-coloured and was made by Vicente Barbadillo in 1766. The Chapel de los Sande, now the sacristy, is Gothic inside, with a beautiful ribbed star vault. There are the tombs of the city’s noble families in the walls: Ovando, Golfines, Paredes, Saavedra, etc.
Plaza de San Mateo, 10003 C