The building has three floors. On the ground floor the history of this mine is explained, from its beginnings in 1864, centred on the mineral calcium phosphate, until its closure in the 60s. On the first floor there is a grinding and hand selection plant for the mineral obtained from the mine. On the second floor there is a silo of the mineral and a brief history of the mining industry. It’s interesting to visit the mine to recuperate a part of the city’s history, as the development of the mining industry here during nearly a century was a decisive influence both on the economic and on the urban and social aspects of the city.
Run by the Regional Government of Extremadura. It is in one of the restored buildings of the Mine de la Abundancia.